0

Justin
13

How to fix black screen?

I'm buying a 2011 13" MBP

Seller said they were watching a movie and left the room and came back and the mac was off. They said they turned it on and it boots and has black screen and unlit keyboard. Also mentioned they brought it to get looked at and they said it had water damage but seller says that water wash;t spilled on it. So the question is what could cause this and would a PRAM reset work for this and what other steps might I take to get it up and running?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , machead3 ( )

1

machead3

High moisture can trip liquid detection sensors. . . using any computer in a high humidity environment can cause corrosion problems.

Connect to an external monitor. If that works your problem is the internal display chain, cable, controller, LCD... if it doesn't you have video chip/logic board damage - an advanced DIY repair .

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

Well I went through all of the possible solutions and then decided to use a flashlight to see if I could see anything on display and saw a window. I shone the light at many angles through the logo and it must have sparked something to come back seems it is now working flawlessly again. Seems strange the light would do that but it did.

Justin,