0

chjohn2122000
1

Has a white blank screen

hi, i have toshiba satellite A 505-s6980 laptop

has problem with White blank screen. Every time I turn it on, is has a white blank screen.

I did turn it on and push F 8 several time still not working properly.

need help please>

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , oldturkey03 ( ) , machead3 ( )

chjohn2122000 have you tried an external monitor ?

1

machead3
99k

Connect to an external display. If you see the same thing your video card is causing the problem. If the screen appears normal (desktop) you have an internal display chain problem. It could be a cable, or the LCD. More information and some basic investigation is required to offer you more help.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

1

ajo
13

PROBLEM SOLVED

on my Toshiba Satellite Windows 7

Hi, I had the same problem with a Toshiba Satellite laptop, I found the problem: Trojans.

Heres is what I did:

Start your laptop, and while it is booting press F2

a boot menu options appears, select something with command prompt ( I do not remember exactly the words)

Now a command prompt window will appear, just type: explorer.exe

this will load windows in safe mode.

Now download this little but powerfull program: Rkill from this site: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download... (if you have another computer download it there, put it in a usb flash drive then run it in your afected laptop, this is what I did)

What Rkill will do is stop any malicious process, so you can run a antimalware program.

After you run Rkill, download this antimalware program : Malwarebytes from this site: http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-An... run it, select Quick scan, after the scan, select the afected files and select remove. After this it will ask you to restart your computer.

It worked for me!

I hope this will work for you guys, please let me know

0

Viclavaly
1

Permalink

Thanks very much for your great Input...

I have a Toshiba Satellite L755, and I had a white screen for the past few days and I was very angry since it has 2 years only so I did search on Google and I came to to this site hoping to get an advise and I read your input and I connect an external monitor and I did see the computer is working, and I did another search and I find a site selling computer's LEDs and they have video on how to change the screen and I did check it and I find the video cable is loos ... I used my glue gun to hold the cable and the computer back to work again .. thanks again for your input ...

Edited by: Viclavaly ( )

0

Rob
1

But if the cable is loose you should still hear the booting up windows sound at the end of the boot

If you do not hear the booting up sound at the end its probably a virus...Am i correct on this ?

-1

david chase
187

Try using an external monitor and see it it properly works or not. If the external monitor works fine the you need to check internal cables going from LCD to motherboard could be near to the hinge make sure that there isnt any lose contact or carbon inside.

That's already been advised.

machead3,