0

Juan Rodriguez
1

How Do I separate digitizer from LCD

My Kindle Fire HD 7" digitizer is cracked, but the lcd itself is perfectly fine. Touch and everything is still responsive and no loss of pixels. I purchased the digitizer separately, but upon dissasembly realized that the glass is connected to the lcd by adhesive. How do I separate the digitizer from the lcd without damaging the lcd in the process?

1

Robin Bradshaw
13

The short answer is you dont, replace the screen/digitiser/LCD as a complete unit.

It might look like replacing just the screen/digitiser would be cheaper but it wont be, its almost certain you will break the LCD if you try to separate them.

0

James
193

I'm guessing a heat gun, with lots of time and slow. I'm in the same situation lol

0

Joe Schmoe
1

I've repaired around 200 Kindles since the first one came out. I've experimented with different techniques to get the two apart. Closest I came was pulling a guitar string (sixth string) between the two screens while constantly heating them. I did separate them but the problem is, the amount of heat needed to melt the glue is too much for the lcd surface to take without discoloring it. I really don't think it's possible.

0

jeriejarvis
1

My screen is cracked and part of the touch screen dont work