Updated version of the Kindle Fire 7" tablet by Amazon with 1280x800 HD display. Released September 2012. Repairing this device is straightforward.

How Do I separate digitizer from LCD

My Kindle Fire HD 7" digitizer is cracked, but the lcd itself is perfectly fine. Touch and everything is still responsive and no loss of pixels. I purchased the digitizer separately, but upon dissasembly realized that the glass is connected to the lcd by adhesive. How do I separate the digitizer from the lcd without damaging the lcd in the process?

Most Helpful Answer

The short answer is you dont, replace the screen/digitiser/LCD as a complete unit.

It might look like replacing just the screen/digitiser would be cheaper but it wont be, its almost certain you will break the LCD if you try to separate them.

I'm guessing a heat gun, with lots of time and slow. I'm in the same situation lol

I've repaired around 200 Kindles since the first one came out. I've experimented with different techniques to get the two apart. Closest I came was pulling a guitar string (sixth string) between the two screens while constantly heating them. I did separate them but the problem is, the amount of heat needed to melt the glue is too much for the lcd surface to take without discoloring it. I really don't think it's possible.

Hi.i have same situation.is the way to begin from breaked screen glas out and after that replace with heater from display?

My screen is cracked and part of the touch screen dont work

why pay £40 ish pound for lcd & glass digitizer? they only cost £50 for a new one on amazon uk???

i mean that is for a brand new kindle hd 7" £50

Juan Rodriguez will be eternally grateful.