Does start, no display image, only seems to boot dvd, why?
My 2008 Macbook Pro 17" has always worked great, but...
- It does start when I push the power button
- It starts booting from the superdrive
- The internal fans run
- Battery is all right and is being charged
- Display stays black, also when connected to an external display
- No boing, or any other sound
- It doesn't boot from harddisk, while it still should
It's weird. Makes lots of the right noises, but just doesn't work. It's also unpingable via ethernet.
I read a lot. I would expect, with a faulty logic board, it wouldn't start at all.
With a broken LCD or graphics unit, it should still boot from harddisk and give me sound.
Does anyone have a clue of what might be happening here?
Is this a good question?