Complete how to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.

Home Button does not work

The home button started acting up; not working some times but working other times, until it just stopped working altogether. Now I have to restart it if I want to switch to another app, which needless to say is a huge hassle. Please help me know what I have to do to fix it. When I called apple I was 6 days out of warranty; it would have been a free replacement!

when i've seen this right, the home button switch is not even a real micro switch - more like a metal cap that makes the contact when pressed.

thos kond of switches can pretty fast get faulty - the get bent and won't work normal (then they should not make the clicking sound normal or at all)

it could also be a fluid damage - that would also show that kind of behavior

So what can be done to fix it?

I have the same problem, does anyone know a way to fix this? Is it possible? I'm sick of turning my phone on and off.

this question is over 2 years old and not visited often. I suggest that you post your question through this link http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/Ask/iPhone you may get lots of answers :)

Albert Monterrosa will be eternally grateful.