Model A1312 / Mid 2011 / 2.7 & 3.1 GHz Core i5 or 3.4 GHz Core i7 Processor

Damaged display power header whilst replacing hard disk drive

I've damaged the display power header pins on the logic board whilst replacing the hard disk drive, snapping one of the pins off (far right pin as you look at the header).

This is the header physically on the logic board and not the cable that plugs in to it. Neither is it the display data header/cable. The cable has a black plastic end to it and slots onto 6 metal pins: http://www.macpartsonline.com/922-9849-c...

Is it possible to get hold of the relevant header to replace via soldering, or am I resigned to a new logic board? If a new logic board is required can I use any 2011 logic board or is there a specific one for this machine?

What are the last three digits of your serial number? This will help to properly identify your computer and your logic board. Also post some images of your connector so we can see what you see.

If you could post a high res pict of the damaged connector that would help.

My serial number is DGKGC0H9DHJW EMC 2429

How do I post images here?

Thank you Yako, that part is exactly what I am looking for, unfortunately an engineer has identified another part that is damaged. It is immediately below pins 4 and 5 of this part (looking at it from left to right) and is labelled L9000 on the logic board. Any ideas of what this part is and where I can get it from?

Thank you oldturkey03, I can see from your diagram that it is a 250 ohm ferrite inductor, but is unclear what the ratings are for that component, i.e. the voltage, current rating, etc... Do you have any of this information?

Dear Friend,

I had the same problem. The connector you need is from Molex.

Excatcly the same is not possible to buy, because was made just for Apple LG.

I find by Molex the connector has this part number 53780-0670. I purchase it from Mouser electronics under 2€.

I think is the same, just not black but white.

You can replace it or someone who can fine solder. Yo save a lot of money, believe me!

I hope I can help you with this information.

Let me know.

Bye Bye

Hello Adam,

If I understand the part you me must be this one

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en...

It is a ferrite chip who are responsible for the 12v on LCD Display port.

I tok this information from the schematic of Imac 21,5" who has the same connector.

I hope this is the part you need.

Good Luck!

Yako

Are you able to post that schematic? Where would I find a schematic for the 27-inch imac, as I would have thought the bigger screen would draw more current etc

Adam Smith, I am not Yako, but thought that perhaps I can help you out with the schematic. Here is the L9000 which is a 250ohm ferrite bead used for EMI control as a filter. Check Digikey.com for more info.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Hi... where I can find the L9000 circuit on the iMac MB? Thanks.

@crisdalcantara sorry but I do not quite understand your question. Can you elaborate on what you are looking for?

I need to find de L9000 location on the iMac Logic Board. Do you have a picture or can point the location so I can change it? Tell me if you understood. Thanks.

I have bought the ferrite on Digikey website already.

Adam Smith will be eternally grateful.