1.6 or 1.8 GHz dual-core processor, 2 GB or 4 GB of SDRAM, 64 GB or 128 GB SSD

182 Questions View all

The black paper behind the keyboard


My power-button is dead, i want to try changing the keyboard before buying a whole uppercase (not the same price).

But, the first time i opened the Macbook, to see the inner, cleaning it up and to power-it up unplugging the battery. I torn the black paper behind the keyboard.

What is it for, do i need it if i replace the keyboard?, if i need it, what is it called, where can i buy some?

Thanks a lot,

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 1
Add a comment

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

I've done tear downs of the the many layered keyboards. Note the circuits in black plastic. There's no way to get all the parts. A complete upper case replacement is required.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

Add your answer

guernon will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 227