-1

Natasha
5

top heating elements stopped working

I have a very old B&D TRO (no number after the TRO), and love it but it is probably on its last legs. The two top heating elements have stopped working and I'm wondering if there is a fuse somewhere I can check or did they come lose, or if it is time to get a new toaster oven. Thanks for your help!

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( ) , Natasha ( )

Thanks for checking. We ended up buying a new one last night - and WOW what a difference!

Natasha,

1

mayer
296k
MacHale Enterprises

While doing a search for this I noted the prices. This one runs $17.13. Parts to fix yours may run much more than this, so its something to think about before attempting a repair: http://salestores.com/blackdeckert.html?...

1

John
13

If you have a volt/ohm meter check continuity. unplug first. if you have continuity look for broken wire going to element. if element looks like solid rod these are called calrod elements. to fix this you need new element and a special hi temp connector. you might buy this from a repair shop. question is would it be cheaper to replace than fix. If its a glass element similar fix.

Hope this helped

0

N B
1

Mine has the same problem - the top burner is dead. If I got a new one, I would need it to be 7.5" in height or less (to fit under my cabinet and above my microwave). I have only found used ones on ebay, but they are close to $100 (with shipping). Any suggestions on how to fix the heating element?

There are very few ones that I found on eBay that were even close to $100. Do a search for "Black and Decker Toast R Oven". Try Walmart if shipping is a concern. http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng....

mayer,