Skip to main content

Model A1137 / 1, 2, or 4 GB capacity / black or white plastic front

68 Questions View all

I think I fried my iPod with the wrong power source.

I plugged my iPod into my inMotion speakers, but it turns out I had the wrong power adapter connecting the speakers to the wall. The speakers say DC IN 5V, and the adapter says 9V 1.11a.

I didn't know it was the wrong adapter until I inserted my iPod and the speakers (still off) started making a buzzing sound. The iPod then displayed: Connect to iTunes to restore. When I felt the upper back case, it was hot, and now it won't turn on at all. I've tried connecting to iTunes (nothing happened), reseting (nothing) and trying another power source (nothing).

What part of my iPod do I need to replace?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 1
Add a comment

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

mtbiker90, I'd start with the battery. Hopefully it is just the charging circuit of the battery that received a jolt of extra power and not the power management IC etc. Use this guide to replace the battery and see if it works. Hope this helps, good luck.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0

1 Comment:

I'll try that.



Add a comment

I tried replacing the battery plugged the ipod to the charger nothing indicated in the screen waiting several hours still nothing I think I burned out the ipod circuits hard drive or whatever makes it tick the replacing the battery was easy but didn’t solve the issue what should I do next

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

aaa will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 2

Past 30 Days: 5

All Time: 597