red screen of death on ps3
when i turn it onit turns red with some chinese words.is there a way to fix it with one click of the button.
Is this a good question?
allenirv, not quite "one click of the button", but try this first:"I would try this first
1. turn off your ps3 with the switch in the back
2. hold the power button down
3. keep holding the power button down and turn the PS3 back on(do this while holding pwr button) switch back on the ps3
4. If its done correctly, your PS3 should make a loud fan noise causing the fans to enhance for a while. This could clean out anything that might cause overheating.
You can also try to
1) Turning it on and off again.
2) Try resetting your console- Place your console in standby mode (when it shows the red light) then press and hold the power button until you hear 2 beeps. This will reset your console settings however it COULD affect your hard drive data.
3) To make sure it is not caused by a loose cable, turn off your console, unplug all the cables except the power cord then plug them back in.
4) Try taking out the hard drive and putting it back in. The instructions to do this are in your user's manual.
Also make sure that you have good airflow and that your PS3 is not baried in a carpet or anything else that may restrict the airflow. Hope this helps, good luck.
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 1
Past 7 Days: 11
Past 30 Days: 70
All Time: 4,539