An upgraded version of the Microsoft Surface, the Microsoft Surface Pro (1514) Laptop/Tablet hybrid is very difficult to open and repair without further breaking the device.

Can I increase Surface PRO RAM

In Surface Pro, is it possible to upgrade the RAM? Say I want upgrade 4 GB to 8 GB RAM. Is it possible? If yes, what is the maximum limit?

Thanks & Regards,

Ram

Has anyone tried desoldering it yet?

I'm sorry, but you can't increase the Surface Pro's RAM. The chips are soldered directly to the motherboard. Check out step 14 of the Surface Pro teardown in order to see for yourself :)

John is right — the SSD is replaceable, but opening the Surface Pro is terrible.

Here is a shot of the actual SSD found in the Surface Pro:

From the teardown: "The Micron RealSSD C400 packs 64 GB of storage capacity. It can read 500MB/s and write 95 MB/s — all in a tiny 1.8" form factor."

What the fuc...k

if you want to crack out a soldering iron and order some surface mount ram with the same pin configuration you can replace it.

It is not fault from manufacturer. It is design specific, You also cannot upgrade iPadPro. I prefer surface pro over iPadpro due to double amount of ram and storage within same price bracket. Please dont compare it with laptops. and buy laptop if you need future up gradations.

It is starting to be laptops as well. I just discovered that all of our HP EliteBook 1040s (G2, G3, G4) cannot have their RAM upgraded. It is soldered to the board.

RAM, no. Storage (SSD), maybe.

SSD - yes, can replace it up to at least 256GB

HI! How we can do it?

You simply need to buy an SD card, and there is a slot right in the side of the tablet. Keep in mind that this is not RAM, it is storage, so it will not make your Surface Pro any faster.

It is soldered onto the board and the thickness or cost is actually secondary. The design specification of Modern Standby actually mandates soldered RAM for security concerns.

Sadly, as stated above, there is no way to upgrade RAM unless you crack the Surface Pro open and desauter the old RAM and replace it with a new one with the same connection points.

Ram Bilas Yadav will be eternally grateful.