Model A1238 / 80, 120, or 160 GB hard drive / black or silver metal front

Hard drive replacement cost?

ipod classic 160 gb player how much to replace the hard drive only . I can't find a cost anywhere and I want to do it myself to save money .Or will it be cheaper to just buy a new one.

Richard Sloane, the cost is anywhere between $110 to $160, I definitely suggest to fix it. There is no way you could replace your iPod with something of similar sound quality for a cheaper price. You can get those right here as well as on here. the choice is yours. For the how-to check this guide. Hope this helps, good luck.

Please can you find the cost of 160g iPod

If you are looking for the cost for a hard drive, just follow the links from the original answer.

Apple just quoted me $299 plus tax/handling to repair iPod classic 160 GB (2009 or later version). The repair needed is hard drive replacement. The device is in pristine condition, as has been in a hard case for entirety of ownership and never exposed to any water or heat or rough handling. It charges and comes on to show Apple icon on screen, but with clicking noise and will not reset or go to music screens.

For that price, could buy a new iPod, but not with 160 GB memory storage. I want to have the hard drive replaced and hoping that I can find a qualified, trustworthy company to provide the service around $100-150 range.

Richard Sloane will be eternally grateful.