Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Flickering Horizontal Lines On Screen (Picture Linked)?

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/9gk9wy.jpg[/IMG]

I have horizontal flickering lines running down my mac's screen in strips. At first there was only one strip that would go away if I moved the screen around, but now there are two that never go away, so its getting progressively worse.

I think it might have to do with the LVDS/Display Data cable. If so, am I going to have to buy a new one, or just secure the attachment?

If it isn't the video cable, what is going on?

Thanks, any help is appreciated!!

Did you fix it? What was the problem? My mac has a similar issue, thanks

Connect to an external monitor... if the stripes show up you're wrong and you have a bad GPU (VGC) if the stripes do not appear then you're right and the problem lies in the internal display chain. FWIW cables appear more often to be the problem than the LCD. It's also an inexpensive/easy DIY to start.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

Jill will be eternally grateful.