iPhone 5

Dust underneath the Screen

My iPhone5 has dust or dirt underneath the screen. I hear its a common problem, but it annoys me so much. I can't get the phone replaced but I tried to see if the Apple store could open it up and clean it but they could t do it. What can I do to get rid of it? Anyone have any easy tricks?

The screen is fused to the glass. Only fix is a new assembly.

iPhone 5 Display Assembly (LCD, Front Panel/Digitizer Only)

Now, here's the guide. Probably don't need it since you did this before, but just in case.

iPhone 5 Front Panel Replacement

Mentioned Items

iPhone 5 Display Assembly (LCD, Front Panel/Digitizer Only) Image

That's what I heard that the glass and the screen are fused together so like how does dust get in there?

by Eric

Must be from the factory before they fuse it and the dust slips through the cleaning before they fuse it, or it's in the internal layers in the LCD, not fused directly under the screen and glass

by Nick

Are you sure it's dust? I've seen burned pixels that look like dust. Tilt the phone and look at the LCD from a sharp angle, if the speckle disappears it's not dust.

I purchased a replacement screen through iFixit almost a year ago. Yesterday, I opened my phone to remove dust behind my rear-facing camera and straighten my home button. Once I reassembled my phone, I noticed a small hair and dust particles when the image on the display was white. You can't see them with darker backgrounds but still an annoyance. I don't see how a fused display which had no dust behind it gets reassembled and has dust.

Some screens can be refubushed just using front glass over the lcd some don't fuse them but just stick it around the edges hence y you may be getting dust inside..

Had a few phones like thy come it for screen repair were the glass has come Completely off and you just see the lcd

Eric will be eternally grateful.