The Kenmore 90 Series is a washing machine manufactured by Kenmore.

Why does my washer stop half way through cycle

washer stops part way threw cycle when still full of water

The 5 most common part(s) or condition(s) which contribute to the symptom Washer stops mid cycle are listed below:

Lid Switch Assembly

If the washer stops mid cycle the lid switch assembly might be defective. This is a very common problem. The lid switch assembly can fail either mechanically or electrically. Test any electrical switches with an Ohm meter for continuity. The switches should have continuity according to their design.

Door Lock Motor and Switch Assembly

If the washer stops mid cycle the door lock assembly should be checked. The door lock can fail either mechanically or electrically. Test any switches on the door lock with an Ohm meter. The switches should have continuity according to their design.

Water Inlet Valve

If the washer stops mid cycle the water inlet valve cold water side may have failed. Most washers have a cold water rinse and so if they can't fill with cold water they just sit indefinitely waiting for the cold water to enter. If there is cold water to the water inlet valve and the cold water works in other parts of the cycle - or to make warm water - the valve is not the problem.

Main Control Board

If the washer stops mid-cycle the main control board might be defective. This is not common. Check other causes first such as the lid or door switch and other components.

Timer

If the washer stops mid cycle the timer might be defective. This part is often misdiagnosed, check other components before replacing this timer.

Further to Mayer's very well informed suggestions, may I add a suggestion of my own? I am not familiar with this type of machine in the UK, but if it has a motor that employs brushes, I should check that the brushes are not worn down, do not have broken or weak springs, and are not sticking in the guides. A new set of brushes can remedy a lot of obscure faults for relatively little cost.

I had this problem. The washer would stop at the rinse cycle and I found that the issue was that the extrusion that contacted the lid switch mechanically was broken at the tip. Thus, the switch was not fully depressed. I added material to the actuator and the washer resumed with the lid closed. An easy way to test this is to try and depress the switch with a screwdriver or other long tool. If it starts, then this is likely your problem.

This fixed the issue for me as well. The rubber bumper around the pin that hits the lid switch had spun and the high spot was keeping the pin from hitting the switch. I twisted the bumper back to how it had worn in and the machine spun right up.

I love free. five second fixes.

Hi we put on washing machine and it cuts power from the main and machine tures off could you please help me beacuse my machine is new and there is nothing wet on the back of machine all dry. Thanks could you help me

Hi @nahida ,

If you are saying that the washing machine blows the power fuse (or the circuit breaker) and that the washing machine is new, then the machine is faulty and needs to be fixed.

Disconnect it from the power

It should be covered by the manufacturer's product warranty. Check the warranty statement that is usually found in the User guide that came with the machine.

Contact the manufacturer's customer service section (or the retailer that you bought it from) and get it replaced or repaired under warranty.

roger will be eternally grateful.