Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

How do I clone a windows drive?

I want to partition a 750gb hard drive on my mac so I can run windows 7 on one partition and mac os on the other. I have a 160gb windows drive that I want to clone and install on my mac.

How do I do that?

This get tricky as your not really running Windows alone here. If your were you would use a Windows cloning app. Here you can't as these apps go down to the file system block level (true cloning vs imaging).

Look for a Mac app that can do FAT32/NTFS file systems or use a Windows backup or file imaging program and not try to clone.

You could also use a syncing program to copy over to a network volume on to your own file server (or internet backup type of service - iCloud)

I've used PartImage ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partimage ) to great success in the past.

Most Helpful Answer

In my shop I use apps by Paragon Software. It will do NTFS/Mac/Linux, from partitioning, cloning drives, backups and even make bootable recovery images of your OS. Worth taking a look.

I would use OS/X install and set it up to dual boot, one partition for OS/X and the other for windows. It should create a small partition for the boot manager so you can select which partition to boot to OS/X or Windows.

Once you have that set up, then use Paragon to image your other drive over to the Windows partition. Note, however, if you pulled that Windows drive from a PC, it may take it some time (if it loads) to find the new drivers, etc, to match the hardware on your mac.

Larry -

Don't forget to setup your Windows partition within Apples BootCamp application before installing Windows and your Windows apps & data.

Also, make sure to make a good backup of your current Mac volume before you start altering the partitions.

You may want to think about getting a larger drive to swap out with your current one. Then put your current HD into an external case. This gives you a clean slate to configure your HD for OS-X, BootCamp & Windows with plenty of space for apps & data for both.

Your other option here is using a virtual machine (VM) to run windows in using VMware Fusion or Parallels Desktop. These run within Mac OS-X as such you don't need to create a FAT or NTFS partition instead they create a storage drawer within your current Mac volume to hold your windows apps & data.

Heres a good rundown on the differences Best VM for Mac

larrypierceall will be eternally grateful.