0

Laurie
1

iPhone 4 sound not working

Hi

My sound has gone off from my iPhone 4. The ringer works but no sound from music, app, YouTube or anything like this. When I first unlock my phone the sounds for a few seconds and then the volume bar will disappear again.

I have tried restoring my phone and cleaning it with a tooth brush at the dock connector, and also plugging the headphones in and unplugging them as the phones sound works fine with headphones or in a dock.

0

Brad
18k

Clean dock port again with Isopropyl Alcohol. Attach USB cable to iPhone, does this help? Consider replacing dock assembly with flex cable.

Brad is correct 100 percent !

Mitch Rush,

Thanks ill try that, what is a flex cable?

Laurie ,

0

Reid Burns
61

Your speaker may be blown. The amount for a ringtone to use is very little. The Music or things of that nature put large wear and tear on your speaker!

0

Mitch Rush

Here is a link to the part you might need, a flex cable is like wiring inside your phone, you will see it in this link, http://www.ifixit.com/iPhone-Parts/iPhon..., good luck.