iPhone 4S

Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Ambient Light Sensor Not Working?

I'm trying to pinpoint a problem with the Ambient Light Sensor for the 4S, whether it's a software problem or something else?

I replaced the power, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor flex cable yesterday but the problem still remains.

Has anyone had any success?

iPhone 4S

iOS 6.0.1

Most Helpful Answer

this sometimes happens when you have OEM display. have you changed that recently?

Not OEM but I did install the foam that separates the sensors. Proximity sensor works fine...

by Guesto

Grab a flashlight or go to a dark room. This might sound like a joke, but bear with us, since the end results are completely worth it.

Launch the stock Settings app on your iDevice and head to the ‘Brightness & Wallpaper’ section.

Turn off the ‘Auto-Brightness’ toggle.

If you went into a dark room and there is no light around, drag the brightness slider to its minimum level. For those who can’t find a dark place, hold a flashlight (or any light source) as close the iPhone’s screen as possible, and crank the slider to the maximum.

Now that you have calibrated the sensor, toggle on ‘Auto-Brightness’.

Guesto will be eternally grateful.