0

Guesto
1

Ambient Light Sensor Not Working?

I'm trying to pinpoint a problem with the Ambient Light Sensor for the 4S, whether it's a software problem or something else?

I replaced the power, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor flex cable yesterday but the problem still remains.

Has anyone had any success?

iPhone 4S

iOS 6.0.1

1

donmoron
55

this sometimes happens when you have OEM display. have you changed that recently?

Not OEM but I did install the foam that separates the sensors. Proximity sensor works fine...

Guesto,

1

Saim
13

Instructions

Grab a flashlight or go to a dark room. This might sound like a joke, but bear with us, since the end results are completely worth it.

Launch the stock Settings app on your iDevice and head to the ‘Brightness & Wallpaper’ section.

Turn off the ‘Auto-Brightness’ toggle.

If you went into a dark room and there is no light around, drag the brightness slider to its minimum level. For those who can’t find a dark place, hold a flashlight (or any light source) as close the iPhone’s screen as possible, and crank the slider to the maximum.

Now that you have calibrated the sensor, toggle on ‘Auto-Brightness’.