iPhone 4S

Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

How to kick iPhone out of recovery mode?

I have a huge problem, my 4S was on iOS 5.1.1, jailbroken, it worked fine for a few months, till one day I left it charging through the night, woke up to find the phone stuck on "searching", after extensive search on the internet I upgraded to iOS 6.0.1, this fixed my problem, for a couple of weeks, after that, the phone did this again, "searching" I tried restore, it gives me error -1, in the about section, I can't see my IMEI no, and my Modem firmware is blank.

I figured there's something wrong with the baseband chip, but then I tried restoring via redsn0w to iOS 6.0.1 and after the restore the phone worked again, I restored my phone 23 times since then, but out of those only 3 were successful in getting back my signal, and then I lose it again if I charge my phone via charger or PC. if the baseband chip is damaged then how come it works? it's version is 3.0.4 i think. please help as now I'm stuck in recovery mode and keep getting error -1 after the phone reaches the final step in the update "updating iphone baseband"

Hey, I hope that you already know the answer of this question. So when I did this comment to this question, I hope I can help other people who have this problem when they are using their iPhone. I know an article here: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/apple/... Also you can read another article to solve your problem when your iPhone stuck in recovery mode. Both article will help you get your iPhone out of recovery mode.

by bethzac5

I learn a way from article " iPhone stuck in recovery mode": http://www.ipad-converters.org/iphone-st... Press down the Home and Power buttons on your iPhone until it shuts off. Connect it to your computer with the USB cable. Press and hold down the Home button. Hold it down until iTunes says your device is entering recovery mode. Now you should be able to Restore using iTunes.

by Grameecsee

I know a free and safe tool that can help you kick out of recovery mode with one click without iTunes. No need of home/lock button, only with one click, you can enter and exit iPhone recovery mode.

If your phone is in recovery mode you have no choice but to restore it. All the data on it is already lost if it is in recovery mode, you will have to restore it and when setting it up again at the end of the restore process your phone will restart and you will have to set it up again as you did when it was new.

In the process you will be given the option to restore it from and iTunes or iCloud backup. If you have been backing up to iCloud choose that (be sure to plug your phone in to a wall charger as this will take hours to complete). If you haven't been backing up to iCloud choose restore from iTunes backup, then restore from the backup you created the last time you synced your phone. If it won't restore in recovery mode by connecting it to iTunes you will have to try putting it in DFU mode to restore it as described here:

http://bit.do/How-to-kick-iPhone-out-of-...

Error -1

Error occurs when one uses the "last ditch" method for preventing baseband updates on the iPhone 4. The baseband does not get updated using this method. Use TinyUmbrella to kick it out of Recovery Mode.

Have a look here:

http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?...

Hi Sherif,

wold like to help, but have too few information on your system set up. Need to know are you under Mac osx or Windows? Have you jailbroken your device before? What iOS are u under? Could u give us your Consolle restore messages?

I tried Exit recovery on the latest version of tiny umbrella, it restarts the phone and goes back to recovery mode. so I followed the instructions and got the phone into DFU mode and clicked fix recovery but nothing happens after that. how long should it take? because I'm getting no response from the iPhone, also this is an iPhone 4S if that helps

by Sherif

http://www.iphone4jailbreak.org/recboot-...

Try this REcBoot utility. I have gotten out of iPhone 4 recover loop before but not sure with 4s.

The best way to kick it out from recovery mode is to use tinyumbrella or snowbreez. If the problem still persist then you may need to restore your phone by getting into DFU mode.

Heres a link to TinyUmbrella. Are you sure it's the best answer here? Did you not read through some of the answers offered already?

by Dan

You might want to check out this thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/537...

I'm having a similar issue, I believe the unknown error 3 and -1 are essentially the same thing (base band issue).

Good luck.

If your iPhone is in recovery mode you have no choice but to restore it. All the data on it is already lost if it is in recovery mode, you will have to restore it and when setting it up again at the end of the restore process your phone will restart and you will have to set it up again as you did when it was new.

In the process you will be given the option to restore it from and iTunes or iCloud backup. If you have been backing up to iCloud choose that (be sure to plug your phone in to a wall charger as this will take hours to complete). If you haven't been backing up to iCloud choose restore from iTunes backup, then restore from the backup you created the last time you synced your phone. If it won't restore in recovery mode by connecting it to iTunes you will have to try putting it in DFU mode

Don't worry about that. iPhone stuck in recovery mode always happens when you update the iOS on your iPhone. There are two ways to solve it.

First is is to put your iPhone in DFU mode.

Step 1. Turn off iPhone

Step 2. Hold down the Power and Home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the Home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it’s in restore mode.

Second is to fix with iPhone Data Recovery

Step 1: Fix the Problem of iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode

Step 2: Recover Data from your iPhone Directly

Step 3: Recover Lost Data from iTunes Backup

You can try both of them.

If DFU mode can't solve the problem, I'm afraid the only solution is to try some 3rd party software, like iPhone data recovery or something like that. You may simply try the tutorial here: How to Fix iPhone that is Stuck in Recovery Mode.

I posted it in some other similar threads today and have had three people reply that it worked for them too, and nobody so far saying it hasn't worked with iPhone Data Recovery. And yes, everything was still on my iPad; contacts, web bookmarks, all photos, nothing was changed. It just didn't update to iOS 7. After I got it working again I just used Wi-Fi and upgraded to iOS 7 over the air with no problems, using it as I type this. If you're still stuck, trying this will not endanger anything at all on your device. Worth a try at least, and I'm guessing it'll work for you to recover lost data of iPhone stuck in recovery mode.

Good luck!

To recover the iPhone from the recovery mode you need to take help of iOS Device data recovery software. This software helps you to let you out of the recovery mode and even helps you to recover the data that get lost or deleted.

It's not uncommon to see iPhone stuck in recovery mode. To kick your iPhone out of recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Hold down the home and power button for about 15 seconds, this shuts off the iPhone.

2. Press the power button to boot the iPhone.

Your phone isn't stuck in recovery mode...its stuck in a DFU loop. Download iPhone Data Recovery and associated recovery fix. Start iPhone Data Recovery and go to logs...you will see your phone showing it's in a DFU mode. Click on the recovery fix and you'll see your phone kicked into a true recovery mode. At this point you will ant to start your iTunes assuming you have the latest version and do a complete restore with the latest iOS. Do that and you're good to go. If it fails on the first try just repeat the steps.

Hope it can help you fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode issues.

Read more:

How to Get iPhone out of Recovery Mode

As far as I know, there are two ways to solve this problem:

1. You can use iTunes to exit recovery mode. This method will get your iPhone out of Recovery Mode, but will restore the iPad in the process. This will erase everything on the iPhone, but a backup will be created during the Restore process, allowing you to recover your data.

(1) Connect your iPad to your computer and run iTunes on your computer.

(2) Select your iPhone from the list of buttons at the top of iTunes, then click the "Restore" button.

(3) Wait for the backup and restore process to complete, then "restore from backup" in iTunes after the phone has been restored.

2. If you have tried the first method and it didn't work out, you can try some third-party software, like iPhone Data Recovery. You can use the following tutorial to exit recovery mode and recover data:

How to Get iPhone out of Recovery Mode

Hope this helps.

Your phone isn't stuck in recovery mode...its stuck in a DFU loop. Download FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery and associated recovery fix. Start iPhone Data Recovery and go to logs...you will see your phone showing it's in a DFU mode. Click on the recovery fix and you'll see your phone kicked into a true recovery mode. At this point you will ant to start your iTunes assuming you have the latest version and do a complete restore with the latest iOS. Do that and you're good to go. If it fails on the first try just repeat the steps.

1. You can use iTunes to exit recovery mode. This method will get your iPhone out of Recovery Mode, but will restore the iPhone in the process. This will erase everything on the iPhone, but a backup will be created during the Restore process, allowing you to recover your data.

(1) Connect your iPhone to your computer and run iTunes on your computer.

How to Get iPhone out of Recovery Mode

How to get iphone out of recovery mode? To do so to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode issue, just hold the home button and the power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears and then you can release both buttons. Hopefully, you will see the "Connect to iTunes" logo again, and then iPhone Data Recovery should work.

Another method is to seek the useful software which can be found on net easily.

iPhone stuck in recovery mode, I have solved the same problem of my iPhone, this is my method :

Step 1: Disconnect the data cable and turn off your iPhone.

Step 2: Press the "Home" button and connect your iPhone to the computer with data cable, and then release the "Home" button.

Step 3: Now you have enter into recovery mode successfully.

Step 4: It is very easy for you to exit recovery mode. Please press both the "Home". button and "Power" button at the same time until the LOGO "white apple" appeared on the screen.

You can have a try of it if you are interested.

If this is not helpful to you, don't worry, you can try FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery to help you.

How to Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode?

Sherif will be eternally grateful.