iPod Touch

The current line of iPod Touch comprises five different generations.

How do you bypass the locked passcode?

I bought a salvaged ipod and it's locked. how do i bypass the passcode and reformat it?

Cody, it does help if you could identify your devices you are asking questions about. There are 5 versions of the iPod touch....;-)

by oldturkey03

Cody, here is my answer from a similar question"you can restore the device on the the same computer that you normally use to sync your ipod. Put the device into DFU mode, then open iTunes. Select your iPod in the sidebar, and click restore. This will restore the device to factory setting but it will DELETE ALL YOUR DATA if you have not backed it up, it will be lost. You put your iPod in DFU by

Turn off iPod

Hold power button for 3 sec

Hold power and home button for 10 sec

Continue to hold home button until iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. The screen should remain black

The only other way that I know of that you might try first is to erase the password but I am not sure if this would work when you are already disabled. This will not erase any data on your device. I guess you can always try and hope you have a windows computer :-) anyhow you plug in your iPod. Open My Computer (or Computer for Vista). Click on Folder options and enable to view hidden files. Next go to iPod_control and click on the folder named Device. If your iPod is locked, there will be a file _locked . Rename the file to _unlocked. Remove your iPod and it will be cleared" you can also check on here http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/45131... Hope this helps, good Luck."

it did not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what did you try? which device do you have?

by oldturkey03

If you encrypt an iPod Touch backup on iTunes and then forget your password, you will not be able to restore from backup and your data will be unrecoverable. If you forget the password, you can continue to back up and use the device, however you will not be able to restore the encrypted backup to any device without the password. You do not need to enter the password for your backup each time you back up or sync.

If you cannot remember the password and want to start again, you can use a SmartKey iTunes Backup Password Recovery to unlock iTunes backup password at first.

Cody will be eternally grateful.