Released on October 23, 2012. Core i5 or Core i7 Processor. Apple Fusion Drive.

broken fan connector 610-0164

I have broken fan connector. I can not restore the sequence cables. Help me please. Fan 610-0164. FIXED! RIGHT LOCATION! Foto 3

Ouch! It looks like you broke the logic board connector, is that correct?

No, board connector is good, broke the fan connector

Hi, I had the same problem!

I have replaced the Harddisk for SSD

But i was lucky to get the cable back into the fan connector.

It took a long time to fix it.

China made...oh..boy?!?!?

It's a pitty to get bad quality connectors in the expensive miniMac

Good luck!

I hope you can fix it!

I solved the problem. Write on e-mail I will post photos from the correct position the wires. zaa495@gmail.com or foto3

Apple doesn't sell discreet parts like this. You could get a new fan assembly which would have a working connector that would be the easiest way but might be costly and difficult to get depending on where you are located.

Sorry to say, I don't know the make & part number of the connector it's self to see if you could find a replacement from other sources. You could try searching the web here's a few manufactures of connectors you could search under: Molex, AMP & Tyco.

Most Helpful Answer

The connector attached to the wires is a Molex brand pico EZmate connector. I also messed mine up while doing the SSD upgrade. Luckily I managed to put it back with a piece of tape like @oldturkey03 suggested. I will try to order a few from rs-online.com, but I am not sure they sell these in low quantities. You should be able to pry out the pins of the broken connector with that needle and use a new connector housing without having to crimp the connectors again with a special tool. I'll let you guys know if I manage to get a new one. Cheers.

Good find Paul.

Since I am not a Mac person, take this advice as a general one. Take a look at your connector, you should see an opening on the side of it. the copper connector had a little hook that will push inside the plastic connector. Push a needle into it and pull the cable with the connector out. When you have the cable with the connectors pulled out of the plastic, it should be possible to simply push them on the male counter part on your board. Once pushed on, cover the exposed ends with electric tape....

Hi all, I ordered the 4 pin EZmate Molex wire to board connector from mouser.com. Part number 538-78172-0004. I ordered 5 just in case. Replacing it took a few minutes and my Mac Mini is back online with the fan operational. I had to pay EURO 20 in shipping charges, but hey iFixedIt!

I am so mad at myself, I just want to bump the brand new mini's memory to 16G and put in a 500G SSD, I knew the fan connector is fragile, so try to be very careful not to break it. Sure enough, I broke it 8...( . Thanks for the posts here, I feel a bit better I am not the only one.

Hi

Those 2 metal pins on either side of the connector - Do they do anything or just help secure the whole connector to the board? I know the 4 pins in the middle are for the fan.

zaa495 will be eternally grateful.