Third generation of the North American Odyssey

brake light is out

i have replaced the brake light but it still does not work

When you say you replaced the brake light, what exactly did you replace? The light, the bulbs?

Anne, check fuse number 47 in the Under-the -hood fuse/relay box for continuity as well as fuse number 9 in the under-dash fuse box. Check your light bulbs, they are dual-filament bulbs (type 7443) 21/5W and are on top of the tailights. Check the Brake Pedal Position Switch, use a multimeter or continuity tester to make sure it is working. If all that is okay, and since both sides are affected, there is a possibility that your Brake Lights failure sensor needs replacement. It should be located at the left rear of the cargo area. Hope this helps, good luck.

There is no fuse # 47 for 1999 Odyssey. Is there a different number for that year?

My brake lamp came on my 2000 Honda Odyssey does this mean a bulb is bad? I thought I had a brake problem? Thanks for your help??

Anne will be eternally grateful.