Repair and disassembly guides for Epson printer.

Windows 7 has no driver for my perfectly good printer

I have a perfectly-working (although pretty old) Epson EPL-5700i laser printer. When I upgraded my computer to Windows 7, I found that this printer is not supported and so there is no driver available. I checked many sources, including the Epson website and the Microsoft website. I tried downloading some generic drivers but could not get any of them to work.

It hurts my heart to think that this perfectly good printer is useless to me because I am lacking a tiny bit of code. I tried searching for someone to write the code or find a driver (guru.com) but the folks that responded either wanted a huge amount of money (>$1000) or did not respond when I contact them.

I would love any help figuring out how to get this printer working with my computer. Thanks so much - the fixit community is very much in alignment with my way of thinking.

Check and see if there is a Vista driver for your printer. W7 will usually run Vista drivers and there are more of them out there. Good luck

Found a link with drivers for your printer--both Vista and W7 32 bit and 64 bit.Don't sign up for the driver service as its not free.

http://driverscollection.com/?H=EPL-5700...

Thank you rj713 for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get it to work. I downloaded the EpsonNet Config utility and ran it, but it cannot seem to see my USB-connected printer. On the Epson website, if I click the link to download a Vista version, it also just downloads the EpsonNet Config utility. I'm almost ready to give up - it's so frustrating

Try calling Epson customer services and see if they can help you. Good luck.

Epson had already told me that they don't have a driver for Windows 7. I was trying to find a work-around, but I'm finally giving up on it. Thanks for your suggestions.

Diane Dew will be eternally grateful.