Model A1224 / Mid 2007 and Early 2008 / 2, 2.4, or 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Can I replace the optical drive with a second hard drive

My english is very bad ! ;)

can I replace the optical drive with a hard drive????

Excuse me.

Model of my iMac is an Early 2008 2,66 Ghz Core 2 Duo.

Which is the maximum Ram upgrade?

Thank you very much !

Apple says 4 GB but Mactracker says you can install 6GB.

Yes, you'll need to get a special frame to hold the HD PATA to SATA As well as this tool kit Tool Kit and the HD you want to use.

12.7 mm PATA Optical Bay SATA Hard Drive Enclosure Image
iMac Intel 21.5" Mid 2011 Dual Hard Drive Kit Image

You also need a e-sata to sata adapter in order to use the same connection to the mother-board. The cd-rom uses a e-sata port rather than the standard sata port that the HDD or an SSD use. Just make sure to use the thermal sensor by affixing it to your ssd. If you fail to re-install the thermal sensor the fan for the CD-ROM will run at top speed. I used a spudger to remove it from the cdrom case carefully tried to keep the adhesive intact and was able to stick it on the ssd and with a small square of clear packing tape to ensure it didn't lose its bond while I reassembled the computer.

@wizbang_fl - Not needed if you use the PATA to SATA adapter frame I've listed above. It does the all of the conversion. In truth you don't need to cables in the tool kit only the suction cups and screwdrivers to open the system.

Alejandro will be eternally grateful.