Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.

Broken screen after dropping

I dropped my iPhone a few weeks a go and now it's broken. When I hold on the power button the screen comes on white but vry dull and flickers horizontally. I was told it could be the digitiser but I really don't have much of a clue what it could be, even after endless hours of searching.

Could anyone help please :-)

Hi Steve,

What model of iPhone do you have?

If you're not sure, you can use our ID Your Phone feature.

Hi Ryan,

The model is the A1332.

Having repaired a couple hundred iPhone 4's and 4s's. I would imagine the LCD is broken or possibly the connector has come loose. you can try to reseat the LCD and digitizer flex cables (fairly easy to do if you have the tools) and then perform a hard reset on the phone (holding power and home button for about 10 seconds) and see if it kicks back on. If not, you need a screen replacement. Which replaces both the digitizer and LCD at the same time anyway, so it should resolve the issue.

-Kyle

This is what I thought, I've checked that the cables and reseated them. Then when I press the power button the screen comes onto a dull white screen for maybe 5-10 seconds then goes off.

Yeah, if the cables are all connected and you're still getting the white screen after a hard reset, you'll most likely need to replace it.

Steve will be eternally grateful.