Click Image To Zoom
Share this Product
|MacBook Air 13" Mid 2011|| |
|MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012|| |
|MacBook Air 13" Model A1369|| |
March 7, 2014
MBA was almost three years old with heavy daily use - battery was so dead it was failing unpredictably.
Extremely well, 5-10 mins start to finish.
go slow with the pentalobe screws, the screwdriver is good but the design doesn't allow for much torque.
January 9, 2014
My battery has been lasting for less and less time over the last few months while performing the same tasks and so I decided to replace it.
The replacement was super easy. The iFixit guide was helpful but it was a simple screw replacement and then making sure the long screws went back in the long holes and the same for the short screws.
Nope, the tutorial was very easy to follow and covered all the steps. Thanks guys!
December 18, 2013
December 13, 2013
Wife complained of poor battery life on her air.
Ordered battery. Removed a lot of screws. Removed 5 inner screws pulled the battery connector gently down. Lifted old part out. Dusted using a can of compressed gas. Especially the CPU fan. Replaced battery, pushed connector gently in. Replaced screws. Powered on. All done.
Clean while you are in there.
December 13, 2013
Mavericks told me I needed to replace my battery, and my battery life was down to 3-4 hours after 250 cycles or so.
Could not have been easier. Used my coworker's iFixit toolkit. Took me about 20 minutes and I was being super careful. Literally unscrew the case, unscrew the battery, release the connector, and replace.
This is a good moment to do a little cleaning - I had some dust in there. Canned air worked but I bet a mini-vac with a soft brush would have been better. Wiped down the bottom case cover with some alcohol.
There are a few sizes of pentalobe so make sure you have the biggest one that fits before you apply torque!
Rule of thumb: the short screws are where the case is thinnest. Duh!
April 28, 2013
- Coffee accident. Laptop was running and turned off in less than 1 second. It didn't turn on
- Go to apple service. They open it and want to replace everything for more than the cost of a new macbook
- It stays quiet for 2 months
- By accident, the laptop is turn on. It is alive but speed is very slow. Unusable. It is turn off
- After 1 month, the laptop is opened and cleaned with a compatible spray and a brush. Nothing special.
- It turns on with the normal speed, but battery is dead
- Order battery from ifixit, almost at 2x price counting shipping costs and taxes (Europe)
- Just unscrew and screw some screws, a single plug to put in the battery
- Turn on, laptop has a fresh new battery, and it is as it always was
Easy, you need the proper tool.
Guides on ifixit were my light. Excellently detailed.
April 16, 2013
Existing MB Air battery couldn't hold a charge for longer than 30 min.
Nice and smooth. Your tutorial on this subject, as well as the shiny new toolkit I purchased from you, made this job a piece of cake.
The screws. As you might expect, the screws securing internal components in a device this size are mere millimeters, sometimes only 2.5mm, long. Do yourself a favor and place them in some sort of receptacle until they are needed again and avoid crawling around on your knees with your nose an inch from the floor looking for the one you dropped.