0

Vanesa Merino
1

My iPod unlock bar wont work? when I touch it?

My ipod 2 generation wont work when i try to unlock it. The bar unlock wont work. The screen is perfectly fine and also has brightness not scratches. I am concern my unlock bar wont unlock because when i got off taking a shower i touched my ipod with my wet hands and also my hair was soak in wet and touches the ipod also. Just when i was about to unlock my screen with wet hands it defenetly did not unlock also i have been using my ipod in this bad weather that is raining but when it stop working was when touch it with my wet hands, so i dry the screen and my hands try it mllion time and did not work. color of the screen is perfectly fine and also i can double click and my music shows to play but i cant press play because when i touch it doesnt work. :( pLEASE HELP.

P.S i also dont take it to the Apple store because i dont have guarantee of the ipod and also i dont have money ! :( Please helpp

1

Vanesa Merino, I do not think that the trouble started with your wet hands. I would suggest you try reset. Hold down the sleep/wake button and home button at the same time. Continue to hold at least 10-15 seconds. Wait for the Apple logo to appear. Let us know if this helped.

I try it and it still does not work :'/ its only my unlock bar it wont even move at all. PLEASE HELP !

Vanesa Merino,

Hook the ipod up to the computer like you are going to sync it, then with it still connected, hold the two buttons down until you reset it. This should reset the firmware and software.

sorry for the stupid question but will it erase everything i had in my ipod sync ?

Vanesa Merino,

nope i try it already and still the bar unlock wont move at all is like am touching my screen but is not touch screen no more ??? :'( do you have anymore ideas :'(

Vanesa Merino,

0

marissa
1

press the home button as well as the power button intell the apple comes up thats how i fixed because my dad works with that

marissa, good answer. just read the one above yours...just 4months earlier.

0

John
1

Vanessa I was going through the same thing and it sounds like your digitizer is broken. the digitizer senses where your finger touches on the screen. on the bright side the part is cheap and ther is alot of videos explaining how to repair it. So if you are willing to spend $10-$20 and put a little time in learining how to do it watching videos you WILL be able to repair it yourself

0

Puru

Your Digitizer, that is touch responsive screen got liquid damaged. Replace that.

Since, you are going to replace it, why not to give a rough work around. Try to use hair dryer from a foot distance for about 20 minutes making sure you are not going to fry anything but just hitting with warm enough air. Make sure unit is turned off (on hold).

0

natalie soto
1

try holding the power and home button.

wait for the apple logo to appear

then it should probably work from there!

:D

0

Vanesa Merino
1

Thank you all for helping ! and taking time to help <3 but the ipod got me mad so i just gave it away so no ipod for me no more :( but thank you all ;D

0

Shelby
1

i tried the home and lock button but its not working and its just the bottom and right side that wont respond

0

crap
1

i tried alll of this i belive none of know what your talking about and im having apple fix it themselves so you all are just crazy.

goooooo back to schooooolllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!

crap,

0

Claire
1

How much did it cost ?

0

Yana
1

My touch to unlock screen does not work.My battery was dead and then i put it on charge.Later when i turned it on it did not work anymore,although the screen turns on and is perfectly alright.PLZ HELP :(

0

Stewie
1

Reseting my iPod did absolutley nothing, about 4/5 of my iPod screen doesn't work. (Including my unlock bar unfortunatly) I have cleaned my screen and done every 'solution' that I've found, with none having any effect. :(

0

Dawnn
1

i tried to reset it and i tried itunes but it wont work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!