0

alireza
1

My fan screws are stuck can I clean it without disassembling it?

i have a macbook unibody model A1278 which is late 2008 model, i have opened my macbook and cleaned the fan before but today i tried to open it and clean it as my macbook gets hot and there is always a loud fan noise, but unfortunately 2 of the screws are stuck and they won't turn at all. so what i'm asking is that possible to clean the fan with compressed air without opening the fan? and will it be a useful thing or just a waste of time ? and if somebody know how i can open the stuck screws that would help

thank you

1

mayer
200k

Use a screwdriver with a larger diameter handle to develop more torque. I found this out by using this driver and then trying to use a smaller shaft driver: 26 Bit Driver Kit you still can't get the screws out take it outside and use your compressed air to blow out the fan.

Edited by: mayer ( )

26 Bit Driver Kit

Ultra-portable screwdriver kit for repairing electronics, smartphones, tablets, computers, and game consoles. Contains: 4 mm Driver Handle 60 mm Driver Extension Metal Tweezers Flathead sizes 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3 mm Phillips sizes #000, #00, #0, #1, #2 Torx siz — 50+ available at 19.95 each.

0

Grace Pickford
1

omg i thought you meant a AIR fan get a life man