0

cameronpalmer
1

Is it possible to replace the Thunderbolt LCD with a matte display?

I have the new Apple Thunderbolt monitor and absolutely love it. It would be great if someone offered a replacement bezel minus the glass and maybe even a matte screen. The thunderbolt monitor is primarily great for being a docking station and in general the LCD is fine, but I use it with the glass removed. I would like to either cut the center out of the glass or buy a bezel that just covered the unsightly edges. Any ideas?

Edited by: David Hodson ( )

This question was migrated from http://meta.ifixit.com/Answers.

iRobot,

3

mayer

Just go down to your local glass company and have them make you whatever you want. I'm sure they would be able to cut a hole in your $1000 monitor.

My two cents on it: instead of drilling holes in valuable equipment, wouldn't be better try to find an adhesive screen protector and stick there whetever looks "fine"? Some local vendors used to sell matte screen protectors for my Macbook once, then stopped selling them because they weren't that requested. Maybe there's somone making them for bigger screens.

Stefano Gigante,

0

Marc Wetli
1

I'm thinking about buying a thunderbolt display and remove the glass. Is this easy to do?

0

James Sullivan
1

The glossy glass comes right off. It's held on by magnets. You just see some aluminum and steel inside the case. There are a lot of youtube video about it.