These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification ¶
Released on July 20, 2011, Apple contends that this massive display is "the ultimate docking station." Well, it is certainly massive. More importantly, it's the first display to incorporate Thunderbolt technology. What's so great about that? This Thunderbolt display offers screaming speed data transfer in two channels—10 Gbps per channel to be exact—as well as 10 watts of power to peripherals. You can also daisy-chain multiple devices with Thunderbolt and evade the constant cable clutter catastrophe.
- 27" thin film transistor (TFT) active-matrix liquid crystal display (LCD) with in-plane switching (IPS)
- 2560 by 1440 pixels resolution
- 16:9 aspect ratio
- Brightness: 375 cd/m2
- Colors: 16.7 million
- Built-in Thunderbolt cable with MagSafe power cable
- Three powered USB 2.0 ports
- FireWire 800 port
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- Thunderbolt port
- Kensington security slot
- Built-in FaceTime HD camera with microphone
- Built-in 2.1 speaker system (49 watts)