0

Samuel wasy
1

Leopard to new Hdd

I changed a new hard drive

Western Digital Scorpio Blue 80GB 8MB 5400rpm 2.5" to my Powerbook g4.

I then tried to install Leopard from installation disk but it doesn't seem to work.

Install starts if I keep "alt" button on when booting.

Then comes

See fotos from

www.raisanloma.kuvat.fi

Then the cd driver starts to make a crackling noise which don't stop until I shut down power.

What to do

Yes this machine has displayed this behavior before. After I couldnt open it at all. How to boot from USB?

Samuel wasy,

Your computer is a PPC and won't boot from USB. You need to boot from Firewire.

rj713,

2

Majesty

As far as I know that machine accepts Leopard, so I would venture to guess that your superdrive is to blame here. If you have a USB Flash drive, try creating an image of the install disk and install through USB. Not sure if this machine can boot from USB, but it's worth a shot. You can also try to use an external CD/DVD drive if you have one available. Just took a look at the pics in your link and I have to ask: has this machine displayed this behavior before? Why did you change the previous HD?

Edited by: Majesty ( )

+ Target Mode

mayer,

Samuel wasy,