0

Karen
11

How to replace iPhone 4 Home Button?

I shattered my iPhone 4 front glass and the home button broke entirely. The button and flex cable and button broke in addition to the shattered glass. Does anyone have instructions on how I can fix it with a new one?

Edited by: Karen ( ) , rab777hp ( )

Do you have the GSM iPhone 4 or Verizon iPhone 4?

Walter Galan,

It is a GSM iPhone.

Karen,

1

rab777hp

Here is the part, if you have a GSM (AT&T) version, use this guide, and if you have a CDMA (Verizon) version, use this guide.

iPhone 4 Home Button Assembly

Includes the home button and home button cable to connect to the phone. Compatible with all iPhone 4 models: GSM (AT&T) and CDMA (Verizon). Black and white options available. — 50+ available at 14.95 each.

Great coverage +

mactech plus,

1

nitesh
13

none of that worked for me or my friends but i found something that does work and has worked ever since. take your iphone cable and plug it into the bottom of your phone. no need to plug into the computer. now grip the part right where it is plugged into the phone and slightly bend it up towards the screen...just a little...

guaranteed to work!!!

use at your own risk cause i'm not responsible if you break anything.

Flag

Actually the Answer about plugging in the iPhone connector and slight bending it upwards worked for my broken home button!!! YAY!

tangorover,

Bending the charge port upwards just doesn't sound very smart. Plugging in a new flex cable properly should fix your issue.

Dave,

what does bending the iphone connector do exactly? fixes a nonworking home button? @nitesh

Jen Doyle,

0

manny561
1

Hello guys, Angel here. Replacing the home button its not a simple repair just for anyone. You might want to hire an expert for this one. If you think you can do it then go for it at your own risk. Watch the repair video here

Please place your business information with your profile, not in the answers. It will be viewed as spam. Thank you.

0

Martinos
1

Hi guys. I have replaced the home button on my iphone 4. everything seems to work fine after the replacement but the battery is drainning quicker... Any solutions??? Martinos

0

mozka24
1

Un manual de como reemplazar el botón home...!