0

Christopher Lyon
1

I need replacement 5-point torx bottom screws?

I stripped the bottom screws on an iPhone 4 that isn't mine, and need to replace them ASAP. I can find them anywhere except for a couple Hong Kong eBay stores and need them faster than that. Any ideas? I'll pay $10 via PayPal if anyone has an extra pair and can mail quickly within the US.

Edited by: machead3 and oldturkey03 ( )

3

mayer

Take a look at these two products:

iPhone 4/4S Liberation Kit

iPhone 4/4S Bottom Screws

iPhone 4/4S Bottom Screws

Replace the 5-point pentaobe screws on the bottom of your iPhone 4 or 4S with Phillips screws. This way, you won't need special tools if you have an iPhone repair emergency. Compatible with all iPhone 4 and 4S models. — 50+ available at 6.95 each.

iPhone 4/4S Liberation Kit

All the parts and tools needed to replace the 5-point pentaobe screws on the bottom of your iPhone 4 or 4S with Phillips screws. This way, you won't need special tools if you have an iPhone repair emergency. Compatible with all iPhone 4 and 4S models. Inc — 50+ available at 9.95 each.

As iFixit has replaced these screws, they might have kept them. I'd contact them directly here: http://www.ifixit.com/Info/contact

mayer,

0

Brad

Apple will do it 4 free if you can get to an Apple store. Just remove the damaged screws, and they will install new ones 4 you. Good luck. Brad

Thanks for the links. Im really looking for the pentalobe screws, rather than the phillips included in those two packages. Ill go for that if I dont find any though. I originally planned to go to the Apple Store to get knew ones, but a friend told me that the warranty could be voided because of the removed screws. Is that true? I don't want to risk that if possible, since the phone doesn't belong to me.

Christopher Lyon,

It depends who the counter person is. I do not believe that the warranty would expire. I seem to recall something about consumer protection law etc. Since it looks like you opened up someone elses phone and are about to get busted, the quickest way would be Apple...Good Luck and be sure you are safe ;-)