0

RAFAEL
1

broken shift key after spilt liquid on keyboard

the other day i spilt some beer on my laptop and then proceeded to turn it upside down and dry it as much as possible

i turned it on late the next day when there was surely no more drink in it and it booted in to safe boot

the computer asked for my password and every time i typed it in it rejected it

after a while i managed to log in but realised my shift key is broken

it is not physically pressed down but as you see everything is in capitals and it prevents me from doing a lot of things on my laptop

does anyone know a way around this that would preferably not involve buying a new keyboard and pay a lot of money to get it fixed?

2

mayer

If it were mine, I'd tear it all the way down and remove the top case and get to the bottom of the keyboard. Click on the Step-by-Step guides tab to your right and select the "2 Upper Case Replacement". The inside of the keyboard may still have liquid, it can take days of sitting open for it to dry out. Your other option is to buy a new top case. Here's the part: MacBook Unibody (Model No. A1342) Upper Case

Edited by: mayer ( )

MacBook Unibody (Model No. A1342) Upper Case

Case assembly includes keyboard, microphone, and small left and right speakers. — Currently out of stock.

Hey there, I agree with Mayer tear it down open it and check if it steal humid or wet it could be possible that there was an electrical damage when you turned it on! But I really think you should buy a new keyboard so in the future you wont have any more problems with any other keys... Good luck!

Gilbert,