1

MC lin
23

iPhone 5 charging cable can be used in iPhone 5S?

iPhone 5 data cable can be used in iPhone 5S and 5C? Charging and data.

Thanks.

Edited by: MC lin ( )

3

Dan

Yes, the Lighting port to USB cable is the same and the charger unit is as well.

0

Husain
1

Yes, the Lighting port to USB cable is the same, but if you have an extra long cable (2 meter) it will not work, I phone 5s will give a pop up message "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone".

That same cable is working fine for iPhone 5.

0

tbaudoin
1

Maybe I'm confused, but I bought a number of 2 meter cables and use them all the time (Apple brand). They all work perfectly. So, is there a specific brand or something I am missing with this answer? I also use 2 meter cables in my cars on 12v lighter adapters without a problem.

Well, yes, there is some cloned cables which don't work reliably. You see, Apple added a micro-circuit into the connector but of course these cloned cables don't have it! Which is why people have been having problems. Apple has since published the specs of the cable and connector and the needed source of the micro-circuit to those companies it has licensed to make compatible accessories.

Dan,

0

helices
1

Yesterday, I activate my new iphone 5s, upgrading from 4s

I have several 3rd party usb cables that work perfectly with my wife's iphone 5 (NOT s) and my ipad

These cables do NOT work at all with my 5s

Yes, I've read much of this thread

No, rotating the connection front to back does NOT work with these cables

In fact, the usb cable that came with my ipad 6 months ago, does NOT work with my 5s! It does work with my ipad and with my wife's 5 (not s)

Ideas?

Please, advise. Thank you