These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification ¶
The iPhone 5s is part of the iPhone line, succeeding the iPhone 5. Apple held an event to formally introduce the phone (and its mid-range counterpart, the iPhone 5c) on September 10, 2013.
Similar to the iPhone 4S, the 5s is a revised version of its predecessor, the iPhone 5, but also incorporates a 64-bit Apple A7 processor, a built-in fingerprint sensor on its updated home button, and runs on the iOS 7 operating system.
Announce date: September 10, 2013
Developer: Apple Inc.
Operating System: iOS 7
Display (Retina Display):
- 4 in (102 mm)
- Multitouch widescreen
- 640 x 1136 pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 800:1 contrast ratio
- LED backlit IPS TFT LCD
- Fingerprint resistant oleophobic coating on front
Fingerprint reader: Touch ID fingerprint reader
Camera: Contains both front and rear facing cameras.
- Front Camera
- Portrait photos at 1.2 MP
- VGA (720p) at 30fps
- Support for FaceTime over cellular wireless
- Rear Camera
- 8 MP
- HD Video (1080p) at 30fps
- Dual warm/LED Flashes
- IR filter
- Facial recognition / image stabilization
- Panorama photo
- Photo while recording video
Processor: Apple A7
RAM: 1 GB LPDDR3 RAM
Storage: 16, 32, 64 GB Flash Memory
- Integrated 802.11 a/b/g/n (Dual band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GSM, CDMA, 3G, EVDO, HSPA+, LTE
- Digital Compass
- GPS and GLONASS signal reception
Dimensions: 4.87 × 2.31 × 0.30 in (123.8 × 58.6 × 7.6 mm)
Weight: 112 g (4.0 oz)