0

jedijeff
1

Power button stuck in depressed state

The power button on my iphone suddenly will not depress. Well it does not spring up anymore. I did not drop the phone or anything. I was looking at purchasing a new button, but then through reading realize it may not be the actual button.

Is there a good way to tell what it could be before I start ordering random part. Thanks!

1

John Savio

Hi, I am pretty sure that the answer to that is not as described in the answer above. He is asking for a power button issue. U need to buy the proximity and power flex cable. U might also need to buy the power button bracket. Follow the guide on the link below.

iPhone 4 Verizon Power Button Cable Replacement

Write back on what u did. Good luck.

0

windowstweaker
103

The home button's ribbon cable is poped out of its usual place.

Try this guide carefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-

iPhone 4 Home Button Replacement

purchace the button from here-

iPhone 4 Home Button Assembly

iPhone 4 Home Button Assembly

Includes the home button and home button cable to connect to the phone. Compatible with all iPhone 4 models: GSM (AT&T) and CDMA (Verizon). Black and white options available. — 50+ available at 14.95 each.

0

Diego
1

Hi, I got the same problem with the power button stuck in my iPhone 4 from Verizon.

I'm not 100% sure if I would have to replace all these parts:

1. Proximity Sensor and Induction Flex Cable

2. Power button bracket

3. The actual button

Or just the first one?

What are your recommendations? And where did you buy the replacement parts, I'm not sure if Amazon or eBay would have the right parts.

0

Craig

Just replace the flex cable.