Uniden TCX905 Troubleshooting Guide
Phone handset will not turn on ¶
- The phone battery could be low - place phone handset on the charger to charge phone battery.
- Check battery connection via connection port - See Battery Replacement Guide.
- If problems persist, replace the battery pack - See Battery Replacement Guide.
Phone handset will not ring ¶
- Check the back speaker of the phone and its back speaker wire connections - See Back Speaker Replacement guide.
- If back speaker is dead - replace back speaker - See Back Speaker Replacement guide.
Numbers/home button are stuck, not working, loose, or broken ¶
- Check to ensure that the phone battery is charged by placing the handset on the phone dock.
- To clean the main keypad buttons if items cause them to stick or break - See Button Cleaning guide.
- For problems with the home button, clean or replace the home button - See Home Button Replacement guide.
Screen display is not functioning ¶
- Check to ensure that the battery is charged by placing the handset on the phone dock.
- If screen problems persist, replace the circuit board - See Circuit Board Replacement guide.
User cannot hear through earpiece speaker ¶
- The volume setting of the phone could be set too low - turn up hearing volume setting on phone.
- If problems persist, replace the earpiece speaker - See Earpiece Replacement guide.
User's voice not heard by call recipient ¶
- The phone could be set on mute - turn off mute button using keypad.
- Check wiring connections for microphone - See Circuit Board Replacement Replacement guide..
- If problems persist, replace the circuit board which has the microphone soldered on - See Circuit Board Replacement Replacement guide.
Faulty circuit board ¶
- If problems continue, consider replacing circuit board - See Circuit Board Replacement guide.