An awesome student from our education program made this wiki. It is not managed by iFixit staff.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Troubleshooting
Released February 2014. Identified by Serial Number RF2F216QNLL
- Device Does Not Turn On
- Speakers are not Functioning
- Screen Does Not Turn On
- Device Lights Up but Nothing Appears on the Screen
- WiFi Connectivity Issues
- Device Is Not Able To Hold A Charge
The tablet will not respond or show any sign of powering up
Plug in the tablet to a power adapter and see if the device turns on after being connected for a few minutes.
If your device is plugged in but still does not appear to be charging, your power adapter may be faulty. Consider purchasing or try using another adapter.
If you are using a functional power adapter, then the device's charging port may be damaged and may need replacement.
Press and hold the volume down button 10-15 seconds
Audio is not sounding loud enough or your is distorted.
Raise the volume by pressing on the upper side of the large button on the right side of the tablet.
The tablet's speakers may be damaged and may need replacing.
The device is turned on but the screen does not display anything or lights up.
If the device is on, but the display does not light up, the display may be faulty and need to be replaced.
If there are cracks in the screen, the display may have been damaged and need to be replaced.
The Operating System may be damaged and the device may need to be reset to factory settings.
(Only do this if absolutely necessary as it will delete all your information on the device)
1. Power the device off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up button and then press the Power button to power on the device.
3. Release the Volume Up button and the Power button when the Samsung logo displays on the screen.
4. Use the Volume Up button to select the small Android with an arrow icon.
5. Press the Volume down button.
6. Use the Volume button to select Recovery Console then press the Power button.
7. From the Recovery screen, use the Volume button to select Wipe Data / Factory
8. Reset then press the Power button.
9. Use the Volume button to select Yes then press the Power button.
10. Once the Factory Reset has been completed, use the Volume button to select Reboot System Now then press the Power button.
The Ribbon cable that connects the screen to the motherboard may have come loose causing no image on the screen. If it appears that the cable has been disconnected try reconnecting it.
Your Samsung Galaxy Tablet is experiencing WiFi connectivity issues that are preventing you from using the internet.
Check if your antenna is turned on. Touch the top of the tablet’s screen and swipe downward to open the Notification Panel. If the WiFi icon is grey, then touch the icon once to turn it on; it should turn green.
Try to locate a WiFi network and get close enough to gain a signal. If the device does not seem to be connecting automatically, swipe downward to open the Notification Panel, press and hold the WiFi icon and try connecting to a open network.
If your WiFi antenna is turned on and it is not detecting any nearby networks, then your antenna might need to be replaced.
The battery may be damaged or just need replacement from general wear.
A new battery may need to be installed. Follow this guide on how to replace it.