At iFixit, quality customer service is much more than a to-do list. It's a philosophy that views every interaction you have with a customer as part of an ongoing relationship. The relationship doesn't end at the point of sale.
Go the extra mile and provide something special that will make your customer feel good about having you as their go-to repair technician.
Help us by adding to this list:
- Bumper cases for smartphones are inexpensive. If you buy them in bulk, you could pay less than $1 per unit. Give your customer a free case with the repair.
- Screen protectors are cheap. Apply a free screen protector with a display assembly repair. Or, if you don't want to buy in bulk, offer to apply the screen protector "at cost."
- If you use a unique repair venue like a coffee shop, offer to buy your customer coffee while they wait.
- Offer a warranty. Nothing says "I do good work" better than offering a guarantee.
- Ship items faster then expected. If you have a 2 day handling time, try to get the items shipped the same day.
- Clean the device! So many devices needing repair are also rather dirty. Return the device shiny and clean and you'll be the repair hero.