This wiki page is a stub. Help iFixit by adding information to it!
Cell vs. Pack
- Battery packs used in drones consist of multiple lithium-polymer (LiPo) cells.
- Each cell has a capacity measured in milliamp hours (mAh).
- All cells in a pack have the same capacity.
- Full Charge: 4.2 volts per cell
- Nominal: 3.7 volts per cell
- Discharged: 3.5 volts per cell
- Discharging a LiPo battery past this level will result in permanent damage.
Charge and Discharge Ratings
The C rating found in the name of the pack (see below) refers to the maximum discharge rating. Multiply this number by the pack capacity for max current draw.
- Max current draw for a 5000mAh 40C pack: 200Amps (5000mAh * 40C)
- Example Battery: Turnigy 5000mAh 4S 40C Lipo Pack
- Brand: Turnigy
- Capacity per cell: 5000mAh
- Number of cells: 4
- Nominal Voltage: 14.8v (3.7v * 4 cells)
- Maximum Discharge Rating: 40C
- Maximum Charge Rating: 5C (Found on Product Page)