My Directors iPad 2 had a cracked front Panel so I offered to repair it. I got the tools together and my wife's hair dryer and set about heating the front panel to remove it.
The front panel took a lot of heating with the hairdryer to get the glue to give way. I took my time with this to minimise the damage to the rest of the iPad. The main issue was the antennas top and bottom of the front panel as they did not come away from the front panel easily. I ended up using a cable tie toget in between the antennas and the front panel so I could remove it. Also getting every bit of broken glass off the sticky tape areas was time consuming (More heating and time). When it came time I used the provided stickers to attach the front panel. Two issues or suggestions for improvement would be a guide to where all the stickers go and possibly to make the stickers double sided for where there was limited glue left on the case.
Patience is the key. If you rush you will break antennas or you will come unstuck. The panel itself was great and worked perfectly and all in all I enjoyed the process and the challenge of replacing the front panel. Thank you ifixit.