The phone had water damage
It went fine, the last step with the little tiny hex nut was annoying but I just used needlenose plyers to take it out, and then put the display bracket screw into it and used a screwdriver to tighten it back in, and then held it with plyers again and just screwed the top display bracket screw out :) It takes a few seconds longer, but literally got the same result. Just be careful and it will work.
I had advice, but kind of wrote it above lol... I also used the Magnetic Project Mat, but for some reason it won't let me write that below in the tools I used. I've done many repairs before with packing tape and sharpie to hold things in place, but it's nice to have one of these now, saves tape, which saves money! Haha