Hello, beautiful people. This Earth Day we’re partnering with those cool cats at Kuttlefish to challenge you to turn your e-waste into something extraordinary. So grab those old USB cables, busted MP3 players, and dusty printers—then channel your inner MacGyver and upcycle away! You could have a shot at winning an All-New Pro Tech Toolkit, a 64 Bit Driver Kit, iFixit t-shirts, or a gift card from Kuttlefish.
But, what’s a Kuttlefish? Kuttlefish is an online marketplace and community designed to show that materials are worth something—even after they are thrown “away.” How wonderful, right? Repair and reuse should always come before recycling. If we have the opportunity to reuse parts to create new products, we should! So join us this Earth Day by sharing your most creative e-waste project. To help spark your creative genius, we’ve included a few of our favorite e-waste up cycles—a Bolivian WALL-E, a $60 3D Printer, and these 22 epic e-waste art masterpieces.
The Contest Details
- Make a sweet project, snap some pics, and then submit your entry on the iFixit E-Waste challenge page on Kuttlefish.
- Your project must use at least 75% e-waste.
- Entries will be accepted until midnight on April 21, 2016 Eastern time in the United States.
- Winners will be selected based on how many favorites they receive on Kuttlefish. They will be selected on Earth Day, April 22, 2016.
- Don’t forget to use the hashtag #IloveiFixit on Instagram and Facebook for a chance to be featured on iFixit’s social media.
For more information, visit the contest page.