iFixit is a small company with a big goal: we want to show the world how to fix everything. ¶
Our staff is the focal point of a global community of people showing people how to fix the things they own. We believe that we can make the world better by empowering people to take control of their hardware.
We are the world's foremost experts on repair, and we've set the gold standard for online repair documentation. We have already helped tens of millions of people fix their own devices, and we plan to help hundreds of millions more.
iFixit is a great place to work. We have an incredible working environment, a world-class team that loves solving tough challenges, and a vision to change the world. Our team loves having fun together. We have regular barbecues, enjoy catered meals together a couple times a week (our in-house chef is dynamite), and have beer night at Spike's after farmer's market on Thursdays.
We are in San Luis Obispo, one of the most amazing places in the world. SLO is the heart of California's lovely central coast. We live here because we love the community, natural beauty, freedom from traffic, and huge variety of fun things to do. When we're not kayaking along the coast or basking outside in the sunshine, we buckle down and do things that make the world better.
What's Dozuki? ¶
Dozuki is the innovative software division of iFixit.com, colocated at iFixit’s headquarters on Monterey Street in San Luis Obispo. Launched less than four years ago, Dozuki is revolutionizing the way manufacturers, service providers, and product makers teach technical processes to their employees and customers.
Current openings in San Luis Obispo ¶
- Dev Ops Engineer — SLO or remote
- Software Engineer — SLO
- Software Dev Lead — SLO
- Dev Ops Apprentice — SLO
- Dozuki Sales Development Representative — SLO
- iFixit Pro Sales Development Representative — SLO
- iFixit Pro Sales Support Specialist — SLO
Why we're cool ¶
- We move very quickly and your opinions are demanded.
- We're very capable, so you'll be in good company.
- We're changing the world.
- Hours are flexible (for students, positions require working part-time during school and full-time during summer).
How do I apply? ¶
- Familiarize yourself with iFixit.com
- Use the link on each position to apply for it.
We want to hear why you are perfect for our team. If you write a blog, contribute to an open source project, wrote a lolcats generator, or build interesting things, we want to hear about it. Show us something you've made!
We are currently only hiring for positions in San Luis Obispo and Stuttgart, so please indicate your interest in relocating if you're based elsewhere.
What's fun to do in San Luis Obispo? ¶
- Go to Farmer’s Market on Thursday nights! It’s a great way to meet people, buy local produce and eat delicious food.
- Hike Bishop Peak! You’ll get a great view of the whole town from the top.
- Go wine tasting! The Central Coast is known for it’s diverse and rich wine culture.
- Walk the bluff trail at Montaña de Oro—it’s magical and right in our backyard.
- Kayak through the caves in Shell Beach for an up close view of the beautiful coastline of the Central Coast.
- Eat at Firestone Grill- their french fries are unbeatable.
iFixit does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, super heroism, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.