iFixit is a small company with a big goal: we want to show the world how to fix everything. ¶
Our staff is the focal point of a global community of people showing people how to fix the things they own. We believe that we can make the world better by empowering people to take control of their hardware.
We are the world's foremost experts on repair, and we've set the gold standard for online repair documentation. We have already helped tens millions of people fix their own devices, and we plan to help hundreds of millions more.
iFixit is a great place to work. We have an incredible working environment, a world-class team that loves solving tough challenges, and a vision to change the world. Our team loves having fun together. We have regular barbecues, enjoy catered meals together a couple times a week (our in-house chef is dynamite), and have beer night at Spike's after farmer's market on Thursdays.
We are in San Luis Obispo, one of the most amazing places in the world. SLO is the heart of California's lovely central coast. We live here because we love the community, natural beauty, freedom from traffic, and huge variety of fun things to do. When we're not kayaking along the coast or basking outside in the sunshine, we buckle down and do things that make the world better.
Current openings ¶
- Technical Writer / iFixit EDU Aide
- Software Sales Associate
- Customer Success Manager
- Site Reliability Engineer
- Site Reliability Engineering Intern
- Product Assistant
- Quality Control Specialist
- Junior Designer
Why we're cool ¶
- We move very quickly and your opinions are demanded.
- We're very capable, so you'll be in good company.
- We're changing the world.
- Hours are flexible (for students, positions require working part-time during school and full-time during summer).
How do I apply? ¶
- Familiarize yourself with iFixit.com
- Use the link on each position to apply for it. If you defy description and don't fit neatly into our boxes, email a PDF of your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why we can't live without you.
We want to hear why you are perfect for our team. If you write a blog, contribute to an open source project, wrote a lolcats generator, or build interesting things, we want to hear about it. Show us something you've made!
We are currently only hiring for positions in San Luis Obispo and Stuttgart, so please indicate your interest in relocating if you're based elsewhere.
iFixit does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, super heroism, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.