Is there a way to reglue my speaker?
Why does my speaker not sound like the rest?
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
For additional help with the JBL Clip 3, check out the device's troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification
The JBL Clip 3 (JBLCLIP3BLKAM) was released to the public in Spring 2018 and was marketed as an affordable and rugged Bluetooth speaker. Besides being IPX7 waterproof, its carabiner-like clip attached to the top of the device allows it to clip onto things.
The speaker provides up to 10 hours of playtime, and a noise canceling speakerphone that allows "crystal clear calls from your speaker at the touch of a button," according to JBL.
- Weight: 220g \ 0.49 lbs
- Dimensions: 137 x 97 x 46 (mm) \ 5.4" x 3.8" x 1.8"
- Bluetooth: BT version: 4.1
- Transducer: 1 x 40mm
- Output power: 3.3W RMS
- Frequency response: 120Hz – 20kHz (-6dB)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: >80dB
- Battery type: Lithium-ion polymer (3.7V/1000mAh)
- Battery charge time: 3 hours @ 5V, 0.6A
- Play time: up to 10 hours (varies by volume level and audio content)