1 In Progress Guide
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Identification and Background ¶
The 21.5" iMac with Retina 4K display was released on June 8, 2017. It can be identified by its model number A1418 and EMC number 3069, both of which are located beneath the single foot.
- Intel Core i5 or i7 processors installed in LGA 1151 sockets. Options include:
- 3.0 GHz or 3.4 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5
- 3.4 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
- 8 GB or 16 GB of user-upgradable RAM
- 1 TB Fusion drive
- Can upgrade to 256GB, 512GB or 1TB of flash storage at the time of purchase
- Radeon Pro 560 with 2 GB video memory
- Four USB 3.0 ports and two Thunderbolt 3 ports
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible, and Bluetooth 4.2