These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Identification and Background ¶
Released October 13, 2015, the 21.5" iMac. It can be identified by its model number A1418 and EMC number, 2889, both of which are located beneath the single foot.
- Intel Core i5, soldered into place and non-upgradeable. Options include:
- 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
- 2.8 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5
- 8 GB of soldered, non-upgradeable RAM
- Configureable up to 16 GB at time of purchase
- 1 TB hard drive (5400 rpm)
- Configurable up to 1TB Fusion Drive or 256GB of flash storage.
- Intel HD Graphics 6000 or Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200
- Dual-core models come with Intel HD 6000 integrated graphics while quad-core models utilize the Intel Iris 6200 integrated graphics.
- Four USB 3.0 ports and two Thunderbolt ports
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible, and Bluetooth 4.0