You can cost-effectively upgrade a number of components in the iMac Intel 27" Retina 5k.
- Memory: If your iMac is still running with only the stock RAM, upgrading will provide a dramatic performance boost at minimal cost. Upgrading to the maximum of 64 GB (four 16 GB modules) is simple and provides unmatched performance. At time of purchase you can get either a 8 (default), 16 or 32 GB of RAM.
Background and Identification ¶
Released June 5, 2017, the iMac 27" EMC 3070 features a Retina 5K display. It can be identified by its model number A1419 and EMC number 3070, both of which are located beneath the single foot.
Announce Date: June 5, 2017
Model Number: A1419
Developer: Apple Inc.
Operating System: MacOS Sierra
Processors: This series of 27" iMac's feature a:
- 3.4 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.8 GHz) Kaby Lake CPU (4 threads)
- 3.5 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 4.1 GHz) Kaby Lake CPU (4 threads)
- 3.8 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 4.2 GHz) Kaby Lake CPU (4 threads)
- 4.2 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 4.5 GHz) Kaby Lake CPU (8 threads via Hyper Threading) and is a custom order system.
Display: 27-inch (diagonal) Retina display with IPS technology; 5120‑by‑2880 resolution with support for millions of colors
RAM: 8 GB (2x4 GB) of 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM, four user-accessible SO-DIMM slots customizable up to 64 GB
- 1 TB Fusion Drive composed of a 24GB Blade SSD and a HDD (7200 RPM)
- 2 TB Fusion Drive composed of a 128GB Blade SSD and a HDD (7200 RPM) Seagate Barracuda 2 TB ST2000DM001
- 3 TB Fusion Drive composed of a 128GB Blade SSD and a HDD (7200 RPM)
- Dedicated Blade SSD drive: 256 GB, 512 GB, 1 TB or 2 TB of NVMe/PCIe x4 (4 lane)
- AMD Radeon Pro 570 with 4 GB of GDDR5 memory (i5 3.4 GHz)
- AMD Radeon Pro 575 with 4 GB of GDDR5 memory (i5 3.5 GHz)
- AMD Radeon Pro 580 with 8 GB of GDDR5 memory (i5 3.8 GHz or i7 4.2 GHz)
Ports: Four USB 3.0 ports (USB-A), two Thunderbolt 3 ports (USB-C), one SDXC slot, gigabit Ethernet port, headphone jack (without optical digital) audio output
Connectivity: 802.11ac Wi-Fi, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible, and Bluetooth 4.2